Bayard is looking for a versatile Web Designer to help us create employer brand experiences that really impress.
What we’re like:
Our agency is niché, focusing on recruiting and talent attraction so this role is much more dynamic than just design for the web. We build employer brands and the biggest deliverable in that type of project is a careersite, for our often very large clients, but with modest scopes of work. Our typical site can be researched, designed, contented and coded in 3-5 months. And then there’s some traditional work too, like print or outdoor, video we work into the brand system, and custom artwork.
What we do:
We problem solve uniquely for each client. We research audiences for a range of influences. We create UX and UI for small to moderate size sites. We also create digital ads, social campaigns, landing pages, and more. We’re end to end so you get to use the left and right sides equally.
What we look for:
We look for people who take a sense of ownership and pride in their work, who openly give and receive feedback, and can keep a positive attitude even if a deadline is tight or feedback is ugh. We love iteration and collaboration. We especially love designers who have skill in going through, even helping conduct qualitative research, like survey making, interview doing, scouring the web, and turning that into insightful recommendations for their work. This is a real gem to us!
What we’re not:
We’re not a B2C agency making lavish TV commercials with celebrities or launching the next big gadget or fruit bar brand to the public. Sorry, that’s not us, so if that’s what you really want, please, consider that before applying.
- Take design projects from concept to completion
- Mastery of design experience for the web with a solid understanding/learning of the system components we work with, like a client’s CRM’s and Applicant Tracking Systems, CMS’s and Redit or FB ads, and the like.
- Understand project objectives and be prepared to present choices — be excited to show your work.
- Conceptualize and present design approaches, sometimes as a group, sometimes autonomously, with the ability to be creative even when there are constraints, like time or budget—to be inventive and imaginative to get around not having the perfect thing.
- Manage feedback objectively and professionally, both from clients and internal team members
- A strong command of visual design principles, typography, color, and UX (how people think and feel using your site)
- Ability to work in collaboration with our team of writers, designers, developers and creative leads, and clients and account teams.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, building up to be able to present to clients
- Current working knowledge and proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, and other industry-standard design tools
- Excellence in time management
What we offer:
This is a full-time opportunity in our New York City HQ. We have insurance options where you choose the plan right for you that includes medical, dental, vision. We have wellness perks from Transit Check to gym discounts to team activities and more. We’re a fun team of about 20 people with lots of opportunity to try new things, learn and grow. We think we’re a great place for someone who loves brand building, design and thinks problem solving is the cats meow.
To be considered:
Please send a link, no attachments, to your portfolio site that also has your resume there. In just a few words, it’d be great if you can tell us how you prepare and approach a new project.
Please reply with this subject: I googled Employer Brand and am psyched to apply for this role.
Bayard is proudly an
equal opportunity employer.
Everyone's welcome here. It's not just the law, it is just, right and smart.